Academic Manager/CELTA MCT(desirable )
€1500 gross (during CELTA course €2500)
We are only able to consider EU citizens or those with the right to work in the EU
- The continuous and progressive development of the English department at IH La Spezia; contributing to strategy, driving change and development objectives.
- Shaping the department to deliver new and existing quality programmes profitably.
- Managing resources, assuring quality and motivating staff to perform to the highest professional standards and the values of the organisation.
- To assist in the promotion of English exams and teacher training through presentations and seminars, to assist with invigilation of Cambridge exams and act as speaking examiner where qualified.
- To oversee the effective administration of the school.
- Manage course participant, student and stakeholder relations including dealing with complaints, seeking and managing feedback, reporting, giving advice and guidance.
- Quality control systems including internal and external audits and inspections.
- Any other appropriate duties that may be required
Responsibilities shared with the YL Coordinator and Ados in Sarzana
- The operational and administrative management of the department ensuring high quality and profitable delivery of all English courses and related services.
- Providing resources for and creating a culture of continuous quality improvement leading to internal development and external recognition that enhances the reputation of International House La Spezia & Sarzana
- To provide academic support to teachers and develop the syllabus of all courses as well as maintain a log of inventory.
- Testing of students
- Timetabling of courses and allocating teachers.
- To administer/sell of teacher training courses including CELTA, CELT-P and CELT-S.
As a CELTA MCT
Initial EFL Qualification Required:
Trinity TESOL, or
IH Certificate, or
other equivalent qualification
Other Qualifications Required:
Additional Skills Preferred:
Customer service, client management
Thu, 23/03/2017 - 16:53