If you are a newly qualified teacher, coming straight from your CELTA course, have no practical experience and cannot wait to start teaching, International House DNK is the right choice for you.
TOP 10 REASONS to start your teaching career joining a CELTA Graduate Program with us:
- You will have a smooth introduction into the teaching profession, participating in an induction program, giving you time to gradually build your confidence and settle in a new culture.
- You will be assisted daily with lesson planning by the Academic Support Team who will give you ideas and help with resources until you develop mastery and gain full independence.
- You will benefit from regular lesson observations and feedback sessions by Academic Managers, who are internationally licensed teacher trainers with years of experience.
- You will experience working in a supportive atmosphere of a professional staff room, enjoying premium-quality centrally located premises, excellent facilities and a wealth of resources.
- You will be teaching open-minded, motivated and well-educated students from various social and cultural backgrounds.
- You will have an opportunity to take a Survival Russian course at no extra cost to better immerse into the local culture and quicker integrate with the local community.
- You will start building your career with the world’s leading and most prestigious network of 160 language schoolsand teacher training centers in 55 countries around the globe.
- You will be making a fast track progression up the career ladder, taking advantage of the International House World internal transfer system at the end of your contract in Ukraine.
- You will be living in the heart of Ukraine in the beautiful city of Dnipro referred to as the country's new capital of peaceand political stability.
- You will enjoy a relatively low cost of living in an Eastern European economy, paying an equivalent of 30 p. for a bottle of beer or £8 for an overnight sleeper train across the country.
International House DNK might not be the best place for people who are looking for party time or a relaxed life abroad, but we are an excellent place for those who are serious about the teaching profession and who want to build and develop a career in TESOL. We also welcome couples.
Expect to spend long hours planning lessons and researching language items, teach early morning or late night classes, have split shifts and occasional working weekends, experience culture shock and feel homesick at times. What you will get in return is an invaluable cultural experience, rapid professional and personal growth, well-developed teaching skillsand an improved CV.
International House DNK offers:
- CELTA Graduate Program till the end of the school year with a possibility to extend
- free full-board accommodation within walking distance of the school
- subsidized return air fare to Ukraine
- fully subsidized professional development program and Russian lessons
- subsidized post-CELTA certificate courses for those staying over for the next school year
- competitive living stipend plus regular incentives based on your performance
- comprehensive health insurance
Safety Notice. Dnipro is a safe place and is living its normal peaceful life. It was not affected by the unrest in other parts of Ukraine. However our teachers' safety concerns remain our top priority. Therefore we are committed to taking immediate emergency actions and cover any relocation costs for our international staff should the current situation change.