Apollo Education and Training, International House Hanoi
Location: Hoang Dao Thuy, Cau Giay district, Hanoi or Phu My Hung, District 7, HCMC
Contract length: 1 year minimum
Start: May or June 016
We are a dynamic fast growing organisation looking for motivated candidates wishing to develop professionally and make an impact within our Academic team.
As part of our continued expansion, we are currently seeking Center Senior Teachers to assist with the opening of our new centre in Hanoi and HCMC. Supported by the Head of Academic, the senior teacher will oversee a small teaching team and be responsible for the day to day academic duties of the centre. The right candidate will show a genuine passion for teaching and an enthusiasm to instil that passion in others. They will also have a desire to develop their own skill set
At Apollo you can expect:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- A variety of YL courses and learners
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
Planning for the new centres to grow rapidly, we fully expect the successful candidate to be promoted to an Academic Coordinator position during the contract.
- To ensure teaching quality and the effective delivery of Apollo’s EFL programme
- Teacher development including running workshops and conducting observations (training provided)
- Teacher support within the teachers’ room
- Assisting in scheduling decisions
- Induction of and support for new teachers
- Interviewing prospective teachers
- Supporting marketing activities
- Reporting to the Centre Manager (CM) and the Head of Academic
- Other duties as required
- 12-16 teaching hours per week
- An enthusiasm for teaching Young Learners
- A demonstrable commitment to teaching
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and cultural awareness
- At least 2 years’ full time teaching experience – must include substantial Young Learner experience
- CELTA/Trinity, TESOL, or equivalent with observed teaching sessions
- BA (or MA) degree (required for work permit)
- Clean police record (4 months validity)
- Satisfactory references
- YL specific qualifications (IHCYL or equivalent)
- Observation and mentoring experience
As part of the HR induction on your first day you will be required to present the following documents:
- Original Degree
- Original CELTA/Trinity/TEFL Certificate
- Home country police check (We can assist in providing information on how you obtain this document)
You will be required to complete a medical check in Vietnam (including a blood test). This will be organised by HR.
These documents are used to enable Apollo to apply for your work permit. Without them you will not be able to work in Vietnam.
To apply, please send a cover letter, including details of why you are suitable for the position, and up to date CV to Ngan Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org.