This post is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
We're looking for an organised and enthusiastic Centre Manager/Director of Studies for our Junior Summer Centre. This job is a demanding but rewarding one for the right person.
Below is a list of duties:
- The management of programme budgets and taking responsibility for cash on site, including programme finances and pocket money.
- Liaising with the university
- Ensuring the effective provision of services from third party suppliers (coach company, sports centre etc)
- Liaising with parents, group leaders and agents to ensure effective communication and high levels of client satisfaction.
- Being responsible for the student experience from arrival through to departure.
- Ensuring the adequate supervision, support and discipline of students is appropriate.
- Gathering and acting upon feedback and complaints as appropriate.
- Ensuring the induction of all course staff.
- Ensuring that all staff operate at all times in accordance with IH policies and procedures.
- Monitoring staff performance throughout the course and providing IH Galway with written feedback on this at the end of the summer.
- Being on call /ensure 24 hour emergency telephone cover is provided.
- Providing support to teachers
- Observing teachers
- Cover teaching when needed
Our centre is located on a university campus. This position would really suit someone who wants experience in managing groups of people, whether students, staff , teachers or third party colleagues.