Post open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
The successful applicant's main responsibility will be to coordinate all members of the teaching team and staff involved with external (offsite) courses. This is a new role which has been created as a result of the increased demand for courses to be run in external venues such as local state schools and universities.
Under the line management of the School Directors, the Role holder's main duties would include:
- Liasing with the Directors and the Director of Studies (Internal Courses) in order to guarantee the quality of teaching, and in particular a positive approach to continuous professional development, sharing and innovation
- Creating bespoke course plans for short, general English and exam preparation courses.
- Timetabling and other administrative issues
- Observing teachers and giving written and oral feedback
- Preparing and delivering training sessions for teachers of the school (INSETTs) and local Italian state school teachers.
- Along with the Director of Studies and YL Coordinator, resolving day-to-day problems
- Organizing and leading teachers’ meetings where required
- Conducting placement tests
- Creating and preparing teaching and assessment materials and assisting in the organization of tests and exams
- Standby teaching/substitutions (if required)
- Evaluating (and, if necessary, requesting) teaching materials and resources
In addition to the above duties, the DoS (External Courses) can expect to teach up to 13 contact hours per week. Please note that class type to be taught will vary according to the experience / preference of the successful applicant.
- Opportunity to become a Cambridge Speaking Examiner for YLE, Key and Preliminary exams;
- Fully-paid induction course;
- Free Italian lessons held in the school;
- Opportunity to attend conferences and/or workshops related to field of work;
Due to the nature of external courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility, so the ability to deal with changes in a positive manner is essential. Experience of teaching young learners (aged between 8 and 18) is also necessary for this role, as is a good working knowledge of Cambridge English exams. Knowledge of the Italian language is an advantage.
To apply for this position, please complete the form you can find by clicking "Apply online" at www.britishschoolrc.com/work-with-us/how-to-apply