IH Cancún is looking for an experienced Director of English, to start as soon as possible.
IH Cancun works very closely with IH Riviera Maya and many aspects of the job will involve collaboration with the English Department in IHRM.
- The continuous and progressive development of the English department in IH Cancun and IHRM; contributing to strategy, driving change and development objectives.
- Shaping the department to deliver new and existing quality programmes profitably.
- Managing resources, assuring quality and motivating staff to perform to the highest professional standards and the values of the organisation.
- To be in direct contact with clients and maintain and seek new business relationships.
- Hire new teachers and train teachers through professional development sessions.
- To manage payroll of teachers.
- To assist in the promotion of English exams and teacher training through presentations and seminars, to assist with invigilation of Cambridge exams and act as speaking examiner where qualified.
- To oversee the effective administration of the school.
- To monitor and work to agreed budgets.
- Manage course participant, student and stakeholder relations including dealing with complaints, seeking and managing feedback, reporting, giving advice and guidance.
- Quality control systems including internal and external audits and inspections.
- Any other appropriate duties that may be required
Responsibilities shared with the ADOS in IH Cancún.
- The operational and administrative management of the department ensuring high quality and profitable delivery of all English courses and related services.
- Providing resources for and creating a culture of continuous quality improvement leading to internal development and external recognition that enhances the reputation of International House CUN & RM.
- To provide academic support to teachers and develop the syllabus of all courses as well as maintain a log of inventory.
- Management of visas.
- To administer/sell of teacher training courses including CELTA, CELT-P and CELT-S.
Qualities and Skills:
- Delta qualified
- Academic management experience
- Spanish spoken
- Customer service skills
Excellent people management skills including:
- Developing productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Recruiting, selecting and retaining colleagues.
- Building and managing teams.
- Allocating and monitoring the progress and quality of work.
- Supporting individuals to develop and maintain their performance.
- Managing poor performance, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Building and sustaining collaborative relationships with external professionals and organizations.