IH Lima is looking for a Director of Studies to join its enthusiastic, dynamic team. This new member of the IH family is located in Peru's vibrant capital and offers a fantastic opportunity for a DoS wishing to have a real opportunity to shape the academic direction of a growing centre.
- Working with the Director to design and implement strategies for the development of the school.
- Managing the team of full and part-time teaching staff and supporting them in their professional development.
- Managing and tutoring the growing CELTA programme (4-6 courses per year).
- Designing and implementing syllabus across the school, including ESP and exam preparation courses.
- Liaising with clients and teachers in all our offsite classes.
- Timetabling and scheduling.
- Involvement in the recruitment and training of teaching staff.
- Any other duties expected of an IH DoS.
The right candidate would have:
- Previous academic management experience.
- An interest in the commercial side of language school management and in the growth of the centre.
- Enthusiasm and dedication.
- People skills and good customer service.
- Opportunity to be trained up as an IELTS Speaking and Writing examiner.
- Opportunity to attend conferences and/or workshops related to field of work.
- Bonus – one month per year and one month at the end of contract.
- Heavily subsidized private health care.