Post only open to those with the right to work in the EU.
Overall aim: As an EFL TEACHER you will plan and deliver effective English lessons to a range of students both on the school premises and in local state schools / universities. You will teach a range of ages, although the majority of our students are aged between 9 and 17. Average teaching hours per week are 24 hours and an additional three hours per week are dedicated to professional development and meetings.
Working with us provides the opportunity to:
- Gain experience with a variety of class types and sizes (depending on experience and preferences).
- Work in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and ages to help you broaden your experience.
- Learn from peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 18, including Senior Teachers, a Young Learner Coordinator, and a Director of Studies), whose experience is wide and varied.
- Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions.
- Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
- Access a wealth of resources, including Interactive Whiteboards, Computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library.
- Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid induction period.
For teachers with three or more years’ experience, the school will offer a fully-subsidised DELTA Module 3 (subject to your application being accepted by the Distance DELTA)
As part of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility, so the ability to deal with changes in a positive manner is essential for this role. Where offsite courses are not within reasonable walking distance (10 mins) of the school, teachers are accompanied from and back to school by car. Travelling time is counted as working hours.
To apply for this position, please complete the form you can find by clicking "Apply online" at http://www.britishschoolrc.com/work-with-us/how-to-apply