Due to visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider applications from those with the right to work in the EU or those holding USA passports as US citizens are allowed to be employed on a self-employment contract under local law.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and responsible EFL teacher for the 2017/2018 school year (25.08.2017 - 22.06.2018) to work in our bilingual kindergarten "First Steps". It is a great opportunity for the teacher who is comfortable working with very young children to develop professionally in a well-established, friendly and supportive school situated in Bielsko-Biala, in the immediate vicinity of the picturesque Beskidy mountains in Southern Poland.
International House Bielsko was established in 1993 and has a very solid reputation in the local community. Since 2001 the school has been running an English Kindergarten – ‘First Steps’ with 120 children 1 - 6 year olds. Intensive English classes are delivered by qualified teachers and there will always be teachers who speak both English and Polish in the classroom.
The school is also an authorized Cambridge English Examination Centre and since 2014 it has been running a bilingual primary school “Primary Steps”.
For details on our kindergarten please visit our website : http://www.przedszkole.anglojezyczne.pl/en/przedszkole
As a teacher you will be teaching 23 hours (Mon. – Fri.), 20 of which will take place in the kindergarten and 3 in the main International House school in the aftrenoon.
Duties will include:
- working with young children ,
- ensuring the curriculum is covered,
- completing daily lessons that include s/s, t/s, pairing and other creative learning modalities to ensure children are speaking and learning English in a fun environment through play, music, movement and interactive activities.
- ensuring safety, security and confidentiality of children at all times.
We are dedicated to the learning of both our children and the teaching staff and we offer training sessions and support in all areas of teaching. Weekly one hour training sessions and teacher meetings are part of the contract. An induction period is held before commencing teaching to orient teachers to the school. We offer a wide choice of teaching guides, resouces, aids and materials.
The school will pay 100% of the cost of emergency consultations with general doctors and specialists, emergency hospital treatment, and treatment for illnesses and injuries which occur in Poland. The school also pays 50% of the cost of prescriptions and emergency dental treatment (please note this doesn’t apply to self-employed teachers)
- a monthly bonus of 100 PLN is awarded to CELTYL, IHCYLT qualified teachers;
- a bonus of 100 PLN per month for preparing a monthly report of language taught;
- travel allowance: 300 PLN for travelers from Europe and 600 PLN for travelers from other continents;
- a free ski pass at GATSKI area is of 300 PLN value and can be exchanged by non-skiers into cash;
- returning teachers may be given the chance to do a two-week intensive IHCYLT with the school in September 2018, which will be free on successful appraisal and completion of full-time employment contract.