Post open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
Overall aim: As an EFL TEACHER (YOUNG LEARNERS) you will plan and deliver effective English lessons to a range of students (mainly aged between 6 and 15, although there may be some preschool classes) both on the school premises and in local state schools.
Working with us provides the opportunity to:
- Gain experience with a variety of class types and sizes (depending on experience and preferences).
- Work in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and ages to help you broaden your experience.
- Learn from friendly, motivated peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 16, including Senior Teachers, a Young Learner Coordinator, and a Director of Studies), whose experience is wide and varied.
- Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions. (On our Facebook page you can find photos of November's training session with Adrian Underhill)
- Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
- Access a wealth of resources, including Interactive Whiteboards, Computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library.
- Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid induction period.
- In the event of the contract being renewed for the following year, there is the possibility to attend the IH Certificate in YL and, for teachers whose experience matches the requirements of Cambridge English Language Assessment, the possibility to be trained as a Speaking Examiner for Cambridge exams.
For teachers with three or more years’ experience, the school will offer a fully-subsidised DELTA Module 3 (subject to your application being accepted by the DELTA provider)
As some of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility, so the ability to deal with changes in a positive manner is essential for this role.
To apply for this position, please complete the form you can find by clicking "Apply online" at www.britishschoolrc.com/work-with-us/how-to-apply