English Freelance Teacher Wanted in Hamburg
For a 22 hour contract, € 1225 € gross/month
English teachers from all over Europe looking for a long-term job in Hamburg…
- with internationally recognised certificates such as CELTA, DELTA, Cambridge Trinity
- and a mastery of English on C1 level in all four skills
- who are able to apply their didactical knowledge and who can motivate their learners
- who can work independently
- who are fascinated by languages and can pass this enthusiasm on to their learners
- who are reliable and dedicated to their work
- who can manage their classes successfully on a long-term basis
- who want to stay in Hamburg on a long-term basis
- who are willing to travel around Hamburg
- practical experience in teaching adults is appreciated
Our language school…
- is the biggest privately founded non-profit school for languages and computer courses for adults in Hamburg
- offers you a pleasant atmosphere with lots of room for your ideas and creativity
- has modern classrooms and a lounge with a terrace and sun porch
- provides you with a variety of trainings and further education
- offers you a constant exchange of ideas and experiences with your colleagues
- has an office staff who are always willing to help you with administrative issues
- provides you with stand-in teachers in case of illness or vacation
- offers you free attendance of all our language and computer classes
- is a reliable partner appreciating your work and supporting your professional developments by various trainings
- is a language club where members can attend as many courses as they wish. Our students learn English in their free time and they usually stay with us for many years
- mainly offers General English lessons at these times of day: 9.00 a.m., 11.00 a.m., 1.25 p.m., 3.05 p.m., 4.40 p.m., 6.20 p.m., 8.00 p.m. Most of the classes take place in the evenings. We often teach at public schools in the evenings.
- doesn't offer classes during the school holidays. In summer we have a limited number of classes.
- guarantees to initially offer you 33 classes (of 90 minutes each) a month on average (= € 1125,-). We will also pay you a monthly subsidy of € 100,- for accommodation, so we actually offer you € 1225,- a month. In the school holidays, you can take some time off, but if you like you can give up to three language classes a week (only in the summer holidays since we do not offer holiday lessons apart from the summer holidays).
- Public transport (bus/underground/train service): costs per month between € 60.- and € 85.-. For the full price you can travel around Hamburg at any time. There is also a public bike rental system with over 200 bicycle stops (the first 30 minutes of each ride are always free). The city is building new cycle paths and in the future travelling will get even easier.
- lets you work for other language schools as well. In Hamburg, there are more than a hundred language schools and we will help you find more jobs, e.g. by recommending some language schools.
Initial EFL Qualification Required:
Trinity TESOL, or
IH Certificate, or
other equivalent qualification
Thu, 16/03/2017 - 10:30
Hamburg is the second biggest city in Germany. Situated on the river Elbe, it has the largest German port which is close to the town centre and a popular place for tourists to visit. It has a long history reaching back to the days of Charlemagne. Its most prominent feature is the abundance of canals and parks and a big lake by the city centre. There is a wide range of different leisure facilities, such as museums, boat tour services, clubs and pubs (also British and Irish ones), theatres and cinemas. Hamburg is also home to various publishing houses, colleges and research centres.