Because of visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider applications from those with the right to work in the EU. Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 8.5 required.
If you are looking for professional development, then IH Palermo Language Centre is the school for you! We are looking for dynamic, professional and career-oriented teachers who work well in a team.
You will be teaching up to 23 hrs of English each week + 2 extra hours of standby and/or teacher development. You will be teaching children (aged 6-12), teens (aged 13-17) and adult classes as well. We teach both General English and Exam Preparation. The school prides itself in caring for its students and as such we offer a range of social activities for both adults and young learners.
We offer a comprehensive teacher development programme, with fortnightly INSETT sessions led by the Director of Studies.
Every year we also host an International Teacher Training Day which welcomes some big name speakers in the world of TEFL.
Every teacher can choose to do one of the OTTI (IH Online Teacher Training Institute) courses every year, sponsored by the school.
IH Palermo Language Centre sponsors the DELTA for committed, long-term teachers.
Palermo is a great place to live and work. It is in the north west of Sicily, a large Italian Island. It has its own international airport (40km away). Palermo is an ancient Mediterranean city. Famous for its architecture, the gorgeous coastlines, archaeological sites and museums, mediterranean food and wine.
75-80-minute lessons, including a range of adult, teen, YL and 1-2-1 classes.
Most teaching takes place in school from 13:30 to 21:00, Monday to Friday. Saturday morning work may be requested. When necessary, some teachers will commute to partner schools in the city. Friday mornings are generally dedicated to teacher development. Salary is paid regardless of hours worked.
International House Language Centre was established in 1975 by Pat Durden, the present Director, and has been an affiliate member of the IH World Organisation since 1984. It has also been an authorised centre for the University of Cambridge English examinations since 1980, and a member of AISLi (Association of Language Schools in Italy) since 1990. In 2002, the school became an official centre for Italian language examinations run by the Università per Stranieri di Perugia. We are also a Teacher Training Centre for CELTA and IHCYLT. Since 2015 we have two centres (5 mins apart) in the city.
The school is recognised for its professionalism and dedication to teaching English. With a team of 12 teachers it's a very easy place to fit in and feel comfortable!
- Outstanding INSETT programme.
- International House Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers offered for free.
- IH Development Courses (OTTI) sponsored by the school.
- Italian lessons available within the school's Italian department.
- Career opportunities within the school (Speaking Examiners for Cambridge English, social programme projects, Senior Teacher positions, Teacher Training opportunities)
- A wide range of teaching resources available including both published and in-house made materials. Also IWBs and an up-to-date and well-stocked library.
- Settle into the school by attending a fully-paid induction period.
- Settle into the city with help finding housing, setting-up bank accounts and tax codes with our dedicated Accommodation Officer.
- All EU citizens are eligible for the Italian pension scheme.
Please visit our website for more information www.ihpalermo.it