We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic Full-time Teachers to work as part of our team!
You will be teaching a maximum of 25 hours per week be it in companies or at the school. You will be among the first to be trained to teach specialized classes, invigilate exams and further expand your professional portfolio.
We offer advantages such as:
Potential working times are from Monday to Friday between 06:00 and 20:30 and Saturdays between 07:00 and 18:30.
You are required to attend up to 8 hours of meetings, including a minimum of four INSET training sessions or peer observations per month and to complete administration tasks assigned by the DOS or Senior Teachers and the Academic Manager appropriately and proficiently.
Other expectations of teachers on the full-time contract are that they conduct placement tests, be available to do testing like the TEA, prep classes/diagnostics for exams, conversation club, language doctor, etc.
We offer up to two weeks of accommodation with one of our host families until you find your own place.
There are further benefits for our Full-time teachers:
1. Spanish language classes are provided free of charge, and scheduling of these will depend on the teacher's class schedule and language level, as well as the availability of the Spanish language staff availability.
2. IH Bogota is a certified Cambridge, TEA and IELTS Examination Center, so you could be trained as a speaking examiner, supervisor and invigilator (paid as extra), and pending approval by these institutions, become part of the IH Bogota team that carries out these exams all aorund Colombia.
3. Social security (healthcare) is also paid for by IH Bogota.
4. There are a couple of bonuses during the 10-month contract and lots of opportunities for further training!
5. You will attend INSETs (workshops) every 2 weeks and you will be able to improve your teaching and your understanding of the most current classroom techniques and practices.
6. You can start your career in Teacher training by leading workshops and training sessions at some schools we work with where you will work with other teachers and show them how to better help their students with international exams.
We look forward to having you join our team and be the best teacher you can!