International House Team Lingue Merate and Como is seeking enthusiastic, professional, reliable teachers of various languages who want to work in a friendly atmosphere, in a growing school, and teach communicatively in the provinces of Como, Lecco, Monza and Brianza and Bergamo and occasional sprees in other bordering areas.
Required language level is C2
We teach a range of courses at all level and age groups.
Our courses take place on our own school premises and off-site in state schools and companies.
A driving license is a requirement.
Familiarity with CEFR levels is essential, as all of our teachers are expected to assess levels and plan lessons / courses.A qualified/qualifying teacher trainer would have an advantage over other candidates.
Full-time teaching positions at IH Team Lingue Merate and Como involve:
- an average of 25 teaching hours per week (distributed over 52 weeks a year).
- lessons between the hours of 8am – 10pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday morning or afternoon.
- course administration e.g. report writing and completing registers; attending teachers’ meetings and training / development sessions.
- teaching on and off site
-non-teaching activities, such as taking care of the course book library, planning lessons, attending school events.
Teachers at IH Team Lingue Merate and Como will benefit from:
- constant support from experienced academic staff (DoS, ADoS, Senior Teachers, Course Coordinators and managers).
- in-house training e.g. workshops and swap-shops
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers and staff
- help finding accommodation and dealing with Italian bureaucracy, if necessary.