We are only able to consider EU citizens or those with the right to work in the EU.
International House Team Lingue Merate and Como is seeking an enthusiastic, professional, reliable teacher of German language who wants to work in a friendly atmosphere, in a growing school, and teach communicatively in the provinces of Como, Lecco, Monza and Brianza and Bergamo and occasional sprees in other bordering areas.
Required language level is C2
We teach a range of courses at all level and age groups.
Our courses take place on our own school premises and off-site in state schools and companies.
A driving license is a requirement.
Familiarity with CEFR levels is essential, as all of our teachers are expected to assess levels and plan lessons / courses.A qualified/qualifying teacher trainer would have an advantage over other candidates.
Full-time teaching positions at IH Team Lingue Merate and Como involve:
- an average of 25 teaching hours per week (distributed over 52 weeks a year).
- lessons between the hours of 8am – 10pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday morning or afternoon.
- course administration e.g. report writing and completing registers; attending teachers’ meetings and training / development sessions.
- teaching on and off site
-non-teaching activities, such as taking care of the course book library, planning lessons, attending school events.
Teachers at IH Team Lingue Merate and Como will benefit from:
- constant support from experienced academic staff (DoS, ADoS, Senior Teachers, Course Coordinators and managers).
- in-house training e.g. workshops and swap-shops
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional teachers and staff
- help finding accommodation and dealing with Italian bureaucracy, if necessary.