Post open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
The role holder’s main responsibility will be to assist the Director of Studies in all areas related to the academic part of the school. The Senior Teacher will facilitate the effective learning of English both inside and outside the classroom to a range of age groups, needs and levels, and support less experienced colleagues in doing so.
Aside from teaching, the successful applicant will dedicate around 8 hours per week to the following duties:
- Observing teachers and giving written and oral feedback
- Preparing and delivering training sessions for teachers
- Assisting the Director of Studies in resolving day-to-day problems
- Conducting placement tests
- Creating and preparing teaching and assessment materials and assisting in the organization of tests and exams
- Standby teaching/substitution (if required)
- Evaluating (and, if necessary, requesting) teaching materials and resources
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Senior Teacher will teach an average of 20 hours per week. Please note that class type to be taught by the Senior Teacher will vary according to the experience / preference of the successful applicant.
- Opportunity to become a Cambridge Speaking Examiner
- Fully paid induction course
- Free Italian lessons held in the school
- Opportunity to attend conferences related to field of work
As some of the teaching may involve external (off-site) courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility, so the ability to deal with changes in a positive manner is essential for this role.