English Language Teachers will have a 25-hour per week workload distributed as follows:
23 contact hours of Teaching
2 hours of admin
Their responsibilities are as follows:
- Teach to a standard of competence acceptable to the school.
- Work their contracted period. In exceptional circumstances the school will consider releasing teachers before the end of the contract period.
- Attend INSETT, training sessions and administrative meetings.
- Make use of the professional development opportunities available e.g. free online courses via the IHWO network, etc.
- Allow observation of their classes:
- by the DOS & Teacher Training Manager and other staff both to assess and help the teacher.
- by their peers and trainees
*** Record keeping - ensure all records are kept up to date via the corresponding systems in place e.g. attendance records, lesson information details and, progress and achievement tests, preparation of parents' meetings under line manager's guidance, reports, marking tests, and any other typical teacher admin tasks.
Please note a more detailed description is available at interview stage.